Upcoming Weebly Release : What I like to See ?
The upcoming Weebly release is touted to be a really big release. Many people have high expectations. Here is my long list of expectations. Considering that Weebly is a small team, I would be thrilled if at least 40% of these are taken care :
- New themes with multiple page types, Flexible Footer, Side bar, Search box, Facebook/Twitter Badges.
- Huge Blog upgrades with ability to port blog posts, include tags, spam protection, CSS control.
- User Management: Registration, access control, independent password protected pages.
- Automatic Facebook Tab generation for Facebook pages.
- Ability to transfer site from one account to the other.
- Version Control. Ability to retrieve or upload a previously archived version of site.
- Multiple Language Support.
- Tables, Buttons, Text Boxes, Backgrounds for drag & drop elements.
- Theme Editing options without touching CSS.
- Integrated e-Commerce.
- Enhanced page management.
- Multiple Menus.
- 301 Redirect to external sites (at least with annual fee, if not free).
- Last but most important, a really Competitive Designer Platform.