Disadvantages of Weebly Blogs
Before using Weebly Blogs, know its limitations and decide if Weebly Blogs is righ for you. There are some situations where Weebly Blogs can be a good choice. Following are the limitations. If these limitations does not bother you, then you can choose to use blogs.
- No user management, registration. Your users can not have a profile.
- Blog posts shown in Blog page is fixed at 10. You can not configure it to show more or show less posts on your Blog page.
- No control on who can comment. You can specify who can comment or not because you do not have user registrations for your site.
- You can not use third part commenting system like Disqus.
- You can not copy Blog posts to any where. So, you will not be able to migrate. If you need to move to Blogger or WordPress, you have to manually copy and paste all of your posts and comments.
- You can not archive your Blogs. Backup/archive does not work. If your blog is broken, you may end up losing every thing.
- No two column layout. You can not change the layout at all. You can not create multiple columns to make the Blog more suitable to your need.
- You can not adjust the sidebar width of the blog. It is fixed.
- No spam protection. You could end up getting lot of junk and spam if you leave the blog comments open.
- If you choose to ‘approve first’ on comments, you have to approve each and every comment. With no spam protection, you will have to go through a lot of comments if you use ‘approve first’.
- Many of the custom html functions does not work within blog post. Disqus for example, does not work in a blog post. Third party solutions might not work inside a blog post when you need it.
- No post tags. Post tags tell precisely what the post is about in 5 or 6 words. Search engines give higher priority to post tags treating them as subjects rather than words. But Weebly does not adopt post tags which leaves the focused blog posts to be treated as generic content.